Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Registrar recomendation

Registrar recomendation

Hi Community. I have like 30 domains in my goDaddy account but I'm a little tired of seen so many nascar girls and cars and offers that myname.com is available.

I would like to know recomendations of other more "serious" registrars with more usable and fast control panels.

I have just take a look at NetSol but I see they also start doing a lot of offers when I start registering a domain.

I also saw OpenSRS, and first impression is that its for larger volume of domains, what I liked is they have an API but in a fast review to they manual I'm not sure they also have a easy to use control panel.

Selling international domains would be a plus (like .tv .es and .eu)

Any advice?
    The road goes ever on and on.

Mosso has their own registrar that they use that you can register and transfer domains to.

I personally use Enom.

Sorry cuatromedios that you don't like those NASCAR grls… but I tried multiple domain registrars and finally settled with GoDaddy because of following reasons:

1. 24 hrs customer service (and really good L1 support like Mosso).

2. Best prices for domain name with almost 20 -40% discount you get though coupons, which are usually available. Good thing is these coupons work on renewals, which most other registrar’s doesn’t provide.

3. Easy to use control panel & help.

4. Get email alerts every time I make any changes through there control panel.

I hold around 10 domains & few other services. I am quite satisfied with there services & support.

And hey, I don’t get any NASCAR offers or other promotional junk emails from them. If you are getting then, simply unsubscribe them.

Mukesh

I think godaddy is the best too...
    You could use firefox with the add-ons adblock, you won't see spam on the net anymore.

Firefox can solve all your problems!

godaddy for us as well (35+ client domains). Best prices - and well, who the heck needs support for domain registration?

I really appreciate your comments.

Thanks a lot!

I use Directi now known as Reseller Club (http://resellerclub.com/)

Cheap domains and very good management interface.

Also SSL, cheap hosting and a heap of different extensions.

You can sign up directly or I can set up up with a sub account - which is essentially the same thing but without the investment.

I recommend you have a look at them.

My original need was an interface where both myself and my clients had a login to manage the domain names.

+1 for ResellerClub ... I have 2 domains with GoDaddy and I would never recommend them. They undercut the entire industry and give everyone a bad name with their marketing tactics. If price is what you're after, they seem to have a good deal, until you get the nickel + dime treatment.

DirectI also offer private registration at no additional cost. Managed DNS, Thwate SSL, and an easy reseller program. I have about 50 domains there and no complaints. DNS changes are almost instant.

Of course I'd note they are based in India... soooo take that for what its worth. Between GoDaddy and NetSol, I'll take them any day.

Godaddy isn't that good of a place to have your domains, they have some pretty shady practices. If you want a registrar with a good set of morals check out:

www.dynadot.com
    www.gandi.net
    www.dyndns.com
    www.pairnic.com
    www.namecheap.com

curious as to why you would not use mosso? price? features/functions?

thanks