Thread: New Feature Request

New Feature Request

Great program, it helps a lot batch converting huge file dumps off of our server for DVD backup. I just have 2 possible feature that would make this a killer application.

1: Allow adding of all subdirectories in a folder, it would save alot of selecting.

2: Allow save back to source directory replacing originals

Great Job, Thanks.

Thank you for the suggestions. I've notified the development team on this.
    The road goes ever on and on.

I haven't actually tested the application, but I was wondering if it were possible to allow the Batch Image Converter to modify images without downloading the source images first. Either that, or remove/increase the daily limit on the website converter?

My problem is I'm on a very slow/unstable connection, 4KB/sec average download speed, and unstable to the point that anything over 200KB cuts out whilst downloading. I've tried various download managers and resuming the image downloads usually doesn't work for me. By this you can see it would be illogical for me to first download a huge image before converting it; the whole idea is to first convert it to a small filesize, then download it. So many people have 100Meg lines that they don't think twice about uploading 1.5MB 800x600 PNG images, which is really annoying, considering with proper compression you can reduce an 800x600 image below 100KB with so little data loss that it's virtually unnoticeable. I have been using a different site to shrink the filesize of JPG images before downloading, but this is the only website I know of that allows me to convert from PNG to JPG before downloading.

Oh the Batch Image Converter software download is somewhat confusing. It says "download for free" and then it wants you to pay. I haven't downloaded it, but I'm assuming it has a 30-day trial, or a limit on # of image conversions before needing to pay. How is that free? I don't have a credit card, I don't do banking, and I don't pay for software on principal, so how is it possible to use the batch converter if it isn't free?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessben View Post
    I haven't actually tested the application, but I was wondering if it were possible to allow the Batch Image Converter to modify images without downloading the source images first. Either that, or remove/increase the daily limit on the website converter?

My problem is I'm on a very slow/unstable connection, 4KB/sec average download speed, and unstable to the point that anything over 200KB cuts out whilst downloading. I've tried various download managers and resuming the image downloads usually doesn't work for me. By this you can see it would be illogical for me to first download a huge image before converting it; the whole idea is to first convert it to a small filesize, then download it. So many people have 100Meg lines that they don't think twice about uploading 1.5MB 800x600 PNG images, which is really annoying, considering with proper compression you can reduce an 800x600 image below 100KB with so little data loss that it's virtually unnoticeable. I have been using a different site to shrink the filesize of JPG images before downloading, but this is the only website I know of that allows me to convert from PNG to JPG before downloading.

Oh the Batch Image Converter software download is somewhat confusing. It says "download for free" and then it wants you to pay. I haven't downloaded it, but I'm assuming it has a 30-day trial, or a limit on # of image conversions before needing to pay. How is that free? I don't have a credit card, I don't do banking, and I don't pay for software on principal, so how is it possible to use the batch converter if it isn't free?
    Sorry to hear your frustrations but I'm afraid it's impossible to edit the source image without downloading it first.

And the software is shareware and it costs to host the online version - actually quite costy sometimes because image conversion / resizing is computing power intensive application. I'm sorry but we have to pay for the hosting bills.
    The road goes ever on and on.