Some of my sites such as ConvertHub has grown out of the 512MB box I have had for over 2 years at Linode. It’s been great but as I’m fed up with managing the server myself (I’ll come to that later), I went ahead looking for a solid VPS plan with WHM / cPanel that’s managed for me. After searching for a few weeks, I finally landed my deal with A Small Orange.
See their cloud VPS planner at here: http://asmallorange.com/hosting/cloud/
What I did was:
- Select 1 Core + 1024MB RAM + 15GB Drive (It’s SSD!) + 500GB Bandwidth for $30 / month.
- Opt to pay annually so I can get 2 months free. Not that you will get 2 months free, but you will be paying $25 / month instead of $30 / month if you pay annually, working out to be $60 discount over a year from $360 / year to just $300 / year.
- Click and use the 15% coupon code:
That’s it. You get all these awesome stuff for just $255 / year, that’s just $21.25 / month:
- 1 Core – Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz
- 1024MB RAM
- 15GB SSD (Solid-State Drive)
- 500GB monthly transfer
- WHM / cPanel
- 2 Dedicated IPs that are far from each other – NOT in the same C-class! This is a huge benefit for SEO reasons. Another proof that A Small Orange thinks in the customers’ shoes.
- Fully managed
- Almost instant response to support tickets – I have only been with them for a few days and the support response is well within 30 minutes each time I submit a ticket.
- It’s A Small Orange, an established business and brand since 2003. Just search for their reviews.
I challenge you to find a better VPS deal than this cause’ it’s mission impossible. The only downside is that the disk storage will have only about 8GB available for your websites / applications after the system takes 7GB. However, I doubt your websites would need that much unless they have millions of image files or tens of millions of records in the database.