To avoid this annoying behavior of Firefox that redirects http://localhost to http://www.localhost.com when you are developing on the localhost, try one or more of the following tips:
- Use other browsers such as IE or Chrome.
- Use “127.0.0.1” instead of “localhost”.
- Make sure http://localhost is correctly configured and responding.
- Make sure C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts has and only has “127.0.0.1 localhost“. Comment out “::1 localhost” which is for IPv6.
- Disable Firefox web address automatic alternate fixup: 1) about:config, 2) browser.fixup.alternate.enabled = false
- You can also disable IPv6 in Firefox or even disable IPv6 entirely at OS level but it’s not recommended. How? Search for yourself!
- Should you be debugging PHP, include these at the top of your code to make sure PHP gives the error for you to erase the underlying problem:
ini_set('display_errors','On'); ini_set('error_reporting',E_ALL); ini_set('max_execution_time', 180); ini_set('memory_limit','1024MB' );
I would prefer 2 and 5.